JOB OBJECTIVE: Perform grounds, building and upkeep, repairs and preventative maintenance. Requiring knowledge of general building maintenance.
1. Perform a wide variety of general building maintenance tasks while assisting maintenance technicians with equipment repairs including filter changes, fire extinguisher inspection, emergency eyewash and shower inspections, softener salt replenishment, painting, modular office furniture assembly, move equipment and furniture, freezer condenser coil cleaning, power washing, light bulb replacement, 6S collection of universal waste, general cleaning and metal recycling.
2. Assist in the prioritization and documentation of repair and preventative maintenance activities; provide follow-up information regarding status of assigned tasks.
3. Install and modify facility furniture projects.
4. Assist in facility grounds keeping tasks including snow and ice removal, lawn mowing, trimming, weeding and other general grounds related activities.
5. Understands and applies job safety standards and protocols for type of work being performed.
6. Assist with requisitions for building maintenance supplies, material and equipment; monitor inventory; load and unload supplies. Assist in obtaining cost quotes and preparing cost estimates and schedules for maintenance projects.
7. Understands and complies with ethical, legal and regulatory requirements applicable to our business.
1. Perform custodial related tasks as required.
2. Flexibility. This person must be flexible to changing maintenance needs and must be willing to adjust work schedule as required to meet departmental and company objectives.
3. Assist in various other Facility Services support activities as required or directed to assure and maintain a safe, efficient, and productive work environment.
4. Perform material movement activities including but not limited to the moving of furniture, office supplies, process and laboratory equipment, documents, literature, packing materials, etc.
1. High School education or equivalent.
2. Minimum 2 years' experience in general labor.
3. Ability to use a wide range of hand and power tools effectively and safely.
4. Ability to work flexible hours.
5. Must possess a valid driver's license.
1. Good communication skills to interact with all Promega personnel and the ability to communicate effectively regarding maintenance issues and customer requests.
2. Ability to maintain a positive, productive, and flexible work attitude with a willingness to adjust scheduled work hours to meet facility maintenance needs and do what it takes to get the job done.
3. Ability to work independently with moderate supervision.
4. Independent self-starter with positive attitude and above average organizational skills.
1. Ability to occasionally move objects ranging in weight up to 100 pounds up to one hour per day and perform building related construction and maintenance work.
2. Ability to work in areas of limited space.
3. Ability to climb ladders daily.
4. Ability to drive motorized equipment.
5. Ability to work in varying environmental temperatures.
6. Ability to drive.
Diversity is important at Promega. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and make employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.