Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
All staff and faculty candidates will be asked to review GCU's staff or faculty expectations as part of the application process.
Current Employees: Please ensure you are logged on to Workday to search and apply for jobs. For assistance with your job application please use the Internal Candidate Job Application Guide.
Grand Canyon University's fleet management department is seeking a full time Golf Cart Maintenance Technician to work Monday through Friday from 8:00am to 5:00pm. The technician's primary focus is troubleshooting, servicing, repairing and otherwise maintain in good working condition the University's fleet of golf carts which are used by executives, staff, faculty, public safety, student workers and others to traverse the main campus.
* Schedules and performs routine preventive maintenance, minor repairs, troubleshooting and cleaning of the University's electric golf carts, and ensures vehicles are in good working condition.
* Inspects, diagnoses and locates mechanical malfunctions.
* Repairs or replaces faulty or worn parts; removes and replaces wheels, tire and tubes, rotates tire to ensure proper wear, greases and lubricates equipment and services batteries and other parts; tunes or overhauls as needed; inspects for loose or worn parts and makes or recommends appropriate repairs.
* Ensures repaired vehicles are safe for use.
* Follows all safety procedures and protocols in the performance of duties.
* Determines need to arrange for off-site repairs and coordinates transport to off-site service which may transport by towing with a flat-bed trailer.
* Keeps track of the status of each golf cart and maintains appropriate records and logs.
* May provide assistance with other Facilities departments' repair of equipment or gas and/or electric vehicles when necessary.
* May assist with maintenance and minor repair of other GCU vehicles (e.g., vans, HHRs, etc)
* High school diploma or GED.
* One year of directly related work experience.
* Must have knowledge of tools, equipment, materials, methods and procedures used in the troubleshooting, diagnosis, overhaul, maintenance, repair, rebuild and adjustment of small electric vehicle engines (e.g., golf carts.).
* Familiarity with safe work practices associated with automotive and small engine equipment and associated maintenance and repairs.
* Must be skilled in using a variety of related tools, equipment and materials and in operating small engines and equipment to ensure repairs and maintenance are accurate and properly functioning.
* Must be able to estimate time and the cost of repairs.
* A CDL or Class 3 certification is helpful, or the willingness to obtain certification.
* Must have valid driver's license and clean driving record.
* Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University's Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.