* Observe all safety rules and wear appropriate PPE where required. Report all safety incidents, unsafe acts and conditions.
* Perform installation and periodic electrical maintenance on a wide variety of machines and equipment
* Perform maintenance on manufacturing computers, PLC technologies, digital and analog electronic controls
* Perform maintenance duties in all departments to support production
* Continually update and modify equipment to meet production needs
* Troubleshoot motors, motor controls, phase angle SCR units, transformers, frequency drives, thermocouples, and lighting
* Program PLCs
* Work from work orders and maintenance specification procedures
* Install conduit, wire, installation and hardware conforming to NEC Standards
* Dismantle machines and equipment to gain access to problem areas
* Identify, remove and replace worn or defective parts of drive mechanism or hydraulic system
* Realign and adjust components such as shafts, spindles, and clutches
* Following repair start machines and equipment to test and verify correct operation
* Involved with construction and installation of new process equipment
* Read and understand manufacturing manuals, drawings, and instructions
* Perform other related duties as assigned
* Working knowledge of vacuum technology, digital and analog electronics
* Must be able to operate machine shop equipment, gas cutting and welding equipment
* Must be able to read and understand micrometers, calipers, hydraulic and mechanical, and electrical blueprints
* Must be able to write, perform math, and maintain accurate records
Experience Guidelines: Two or more years maintenance experience in an industrial environment
* Associate Degree in Electrical, Industrial, Mechanical, or Electronics Maintenance; or Technical Diploma, Military Education or completion of a formal Apprenticeship Program.
* Type-I, Type-II, Type-III in HVAC preferred
* Must be able to use both hands at the same time while pushing, pulling, twisting, bending, lifting, stooping, walking, and work for long periods while standing
* Must wear required protective equipment
* Must have good eye/hand coordination with all physical movements well coordinated
* Must be able to lift moderate to heavy weight up to 55lbs.
Reports to: Facilities Manager
Kennametal delivers productivity to customers seeking peak performance in demanding environments by providing innovative custom and standard wear-resistant solutions. This proven productivity is enabled through our advanced materials sciences and application knowledge. Our commitment to a sustainable environment provides additional value to our customers. Kennametal's portfolio of well-respected brand names and broad global presence enable us to help customers of all sizes in virtually every geography drive success at every stage of their value chain. Strategically aligned across our two core businesses - Industrial and Infrastructure - our products and services touch nearly every manufacturing process. People around the globe can see and touch these results throughout many aspects of their day, from the light switch they turn on to the car they drive.