Throughout its' history, Hitachi Automotive Systems Americas, Inc. has been synonymous with safety, quality, growth, and continuous improvement. Adhering to these core values has enabled us to succeed as a Tier 1 supplier of world-class products to the global automotive market. With five US locations and over 3,600 hard-working employees, we are dedicated to ensuring the expectations of our first-rate automotive customers are consistently exceeded.
Recent growth and expansion projects, combined with multiple internal promotions, have led to several new opportunities within our Monroe, GA facility. We are currently recruiting experienced technicians for our maintenance department for E shift (Monday through Thursday 8:30 p.m. - 7:00 a.m.) and F shift (Friday, Saturday and Sunday 7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m). Please note that this position may be subject to a change in shift due to business needs. As an essential part of our team in Georgia, you will be conducting machine setup, troubleshooting and repairing equipment as well as performing preventative and predictive maintenance within our growing operation.
Our maintenance professionals have the opportunity to experience work tasks in a variety of areas including robotics, electrical/electronics/PLCs, mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic equipment. Techs at Hitachi also have the opportunity to do some replacement part fabrication using old parts or drawings. As we add new equipment, there will be regular opportunities to learn new skills.
Chief Duties and/or Responsibilities:
1. Provides emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service.
2. Prepares and sets up machinery for scheduled production runs.
3. Performs mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic troubleshooting and repair of production machines.
4. Check, repair and maintain equipment observing for and correcting defects. Replace defective parts making necessary adjustments to ensure proper machine functioning.
5. Modify existing machine tools to allow for the performance of specified operations.
6. Operate a variety of machine tools to fabricate replacement parts, using drawings or old parts to obtain dimensional requirements.
7. Check and audit problem parts for dimensional accuracy using various types of fixed and hand-held measuring devices. Identify and eliminate problems in department, which effect productivity, quality or safety.
8. Reads and interprets equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
9. Comply with OSHA Safety and Health rules.
Qualified Applicants will possess the following:
* High School Diploma or equivalent required.
* Technical training; exposure to high-speed equipment preferred.
* Two or more years of related experience in maintenance of production machines.
* Special skills required: electronic/electrical, PLC and computers, safety, troubleshooting, test equipment, schematics, mechanical, metric system, statistical process control (SPC), blueprint reading, measuring techniques and pneumatics.
* Effective communication skills, both oral and written.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk. The employee occasionally is required to stand; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Required to use safety glasses and wear steel toe shoes while performing specific tasks or while in specific manufacturing areas. Works on equipment that involves hazardous environments requiring protective equipment that conforms to OSHA regulations and some physical discomfort due to temperature, dust and noise.
Incomplete submissions will not be considered. Since we only hire the best and want to maintain a safe and pleasant work environment for all, final candidates are subject to drug screen and background checks. Hitachi is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V).