Under direction, perform all maintenance functions, including but not limited to preventive, corrective and emergency maintenance on all equipment throughout the plant.
* Perform diagnostic evaluation on equipment and make repairs when needed. Ensures that repairs are performed in the shortest amount of time possible to maintain the highest level of operational readiness.
* Performs preventive, corrective, and scheduled maintenance on a daily basis on a variety of machinery within the plant. This machinery includes autoclaves (steam sterilizers), fire tube boiler and ancillary equipment, steam delivery systems, water softeners and other water treatment equipment, air handling equipment, commercial washers, pneumatic and hydraulic systems, and conveyor systems.
* Perform light electrical maintenance on all plant equipment to include 480V/240V/120V/24V power systems. PLC and light robotics troubleshooting and maintenance experience helpful.
* Perform any general work or other assignments necessary to ensure a safe, clean, healthy and efficient facility and vigorously support Stericycle's commitment to Safety.
* Document results through completed work orders based on schedule and priority or as required.
* Performs other related duties as required or requested.
* Education equivalent to Associates Degree from two-year college or technical school, or the equivalent in related work experience.
* Six or more months of related experience and/or training, demonstrating the ability to identify repairs that are needed and to assure schedule production run.
* Possession of boiler, welding, or electrical certification or license required.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.