First Quality Enterprises, Inc. (FQE), founded in 1988, is a global multi-billion dollar privately held company with over 4,200 employees. Its corporate offices are located in Great Neck, New York, with manufacturing facilities and offices in Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Georgia, Canada, and China. FQE is a diversified family of companies manufacturing consumer products ranging from Absorbent Hygiene (adult incontinence, feminine care, and baby care), Tissue (bath and towel), and Industrial (non-woven fabrics, print and packaging materials, thermoformed plastics), and Purified Bottled Water, serving institutional and retail markets throughout the world. FQE focuses on private label and branded product lines.
Our core business philosophy is built on a proud culture driven by safety and quality, respect, humility, integrity, customer focus, and teamwork. With leading edge manufacturing technologies and processes and visionary leadership, FQE is positioned to continue significant growth in the coming years. We are seeking a Paper Mechanical Maintenance Technician for our First Quality Tissue plant. This position will be located in Anderson, SC. This position is responsible for Operating, testing, maintaining, or calibrating unmanned, automated, servo-mechanical, or electromechanical equipment. May assist engineers in testing and troubleshooting robotics equipment. This position will be responsible for troubleshooting and maintaining production and any associated equipment to ensure highest reliability, proper line performance, and safe operation and coordinating PM programs.
Primary responsibilities include:
* Troubleshoots and maintains production and any associated equipment to ensure highest reliability, proper line performance, and safe operation.
* Understands and applies the principles and techniques of "precision" maintenance.
* Coordinates PM programs.
* Notifies supervisor of potentially dangerous electrical/mechanical hazards and takes immediate corrective action.
* Tests performance of electromechanical assemblies, using test instruments such as electronic voltmeters.
* Reads blueprints, schematics, diagrams, or technical orders to determine methods and sequences of assembly.
* Installs and repairs equipment using soldering, welding, and hand tools
* Aligns, fits, or assembles component parts using hand or power tools, fixtures, templates, or microscopes.
* Inspects parts for surface defects.
* Analyzes and records test results, and prepare written testing documentation.
* Verifies part dimensions or clearances to ensure conformance to specifications, using precision measuring instruments.
* Operates metalworking machines to fabricate housings, jigs, fittings, or fixtures.
* Repairs, reworks, or calibrates hydraulic or pneumatic assemblies or systems to meet operational specifications or tolerances.
* Trains others to repair, use, or maintain robots.
* May assist engineers in testing and troubleshooting robotics equipment
* Uses CMMS Maintenance System to document work orders and procure parts
The ideal candidate should possess the following:
* High School Diploma or GED required.
* Minimum 3 years functional experience in a manufacturing environment; or equivalent combination of Associates degree and experience in related field required.
* Highly-qualified candidates would possess a technical degree or apprenticeship certification and maintenance experience in the paper industry or similar manufacturing environment.
APPLICANTS WILL BE REQUIRED TO PASS A JOURNEY LEVEL MECHANIC TEST IN ORDER TO BE ELIGIBLE TO BE INTERVIEWED
Excellent compensation and benefits, which are effective the first day of employment!
For immediate consideration, please go to the Careers section at