WC Smith has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Regional Property Manager overseeing a variety of market and affordable properties in The Village of Parklands, located in Southeast DC. This individual will be responsible for providing leadership and oversight to a diverse portfolio of market and affordable communities. Additionally, the Property Manager has responsibility for the budget, financial performance and operational issues of the properties in the portfolio. The successful candidate will bring excitement, enthusiasm and a creative spirit to ensure the success of the team.
· Provide day-to-day leadership and direction to property staff, ensuring all leasing tasks are performed according to guidelines and ensuring all staff is appropriately trained.
· Manage properties to achieve expense and income levels based on monthly, quarterly and annual budget goals.
· Conduct monthly and quarterly financial reviews on each property with SVP, review variances, status of capital projects and any other issues impacting the properties or staff.
· Conduct regular meetings with Community Managers to review financial operations, ensure goals are aligned and teams are operating effectively and efficiently.
· Evaluate marketing plans, advertising plans and market conditions and trends to ensure effective pricing strategies are implemented.
· Maintain effective relationships with suppliers, vendors and governmental agencies.
· Coordinate with Senior Vice President to develop and manage budgets for assigned properties.
· Manage and schedule property staff, contractors and vendors to ensure efficient turnover of vacant units, maintenance repairs and appearance of commons areas.
· Ensure collections, rent postings and deposits are performed accordingly to company policies and practices.
· Effectively demonstrate an understanding and commitment to fair housing, equal employment and diversity policies at all times and ensure compliance among staff at all properties.
· Ensure all staff is appropriately trained on federal, state and local Fair Housing laws.
· Associates (AA) or Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or related field
· Minimum of ten (10) years of experience in property management, with progressively increasing level of responsibility, with at least five years in a multi-site supervisory role.
· Previous experience in an affordable housing environment strongly desired.
· Comprehensive understanding of federal and DC housing regulations and Section 8/LIHTC.
· Proficiency with MS Office applications (Outlook, Word and Excel software), as well as a property management software.
· Excellent organizational skills, with ability to work under limited supervision while maintaining a high degree of accuracy and production.
· Superb customer service orientation and effective oral and written communication skills, along with a positive and professional attitude.
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as leases, operating instructions and procedure manuals.
· Ability to successfully pass a background screen including credit and criminal and maintain a record that satisfies these requirements.
How to Apply:
Qualified applicants should apply directly via WC Smith's applicant portal - and submit electronic copies of the following:
· Cover letter
· Resume with salary requirements
Our employees enjoy a friendly work environment in the rapidly developing Capitol Riverfront area, a focus on personal and professional wellness, and opportunities for professional growth within the firm. WC Smith is an equal opportunity employer and values a diverse workforce.
About WC Smith:
Celebrating our 49th year this year, WC Smith has built a reputation as one of the most capable and respected property management and development organizations in the District of Columbia. We're looking for self-starters and go-getters who demonstrate the resourcefulness, enthusiasm, and relationship building skills essential to offering the best level of service and communication to clients and team members.Company Description WC Smith is a Washington, DC-based multidisciplinary real estate firm. The company has provided integrated real estate services to the Washington metropolitan area for over four decades. In complement to its development, construction, sales and financial divisions, the firm owns and / or manages a portfolio in excess of 10,000 units of residential real estate. With a group of subsidiary service companies under the WC Smith umbrella, the firm is able to offer exemplary service to its clients.