: Electrical Maintenance TechnicianSummary: Responsible for the electrical maintenance and repair of production related machinery, equipment and devices. Installs and maintains electrical systems in the buildin..." />
Your user session will timeout in 5 minutes. Please click OK to continue with your application.
Summary: Responsible for the electrical maintenance and repair of production related machinery, equipment and devices. Installs and maintains electrical systems in the building and diagnoses and repairs industrial machinery by performing the following duties.
* Works with blueprints, schematics, sketches, manuals, written and/or verbal instructions in carrying out job assignments.
* Plans layout of wiring and installs wiring, conduit, and electrical apparatus in buildings as needed.
* Maintains and repairs electrical systems to building.
* Installs power supply wiring and conduit for newly installed machines and equipment such as stackers, conveyors, and programmable controllers.
* Tests malfunctioning machinery and discusses malfunction with other Technical Services support to diagnose malfunction.
* Diagnoses and replaces faulty electrical components of machine such as photo eyes, relays, printed circuit boards, switches, and motors, and adjusts mechanical parts as necessary.
* Operates control systems and programmable controllers required to program automated machinery, in order to operate automated machinery, to test for malfunctions, and to verify repairs.
* Aligns, adjusts, and calibrates equipment and components according to specifications.
* Completes specific preventative maintenance duties on assigned equipment.
* Communicates with equipment operators to determine problems with equipment before breakdown and to determine if equipment adjustments or repairs are necessary.
* Informs leaders and other technicians of pertinent information and communicates to other departments as necessary.
* Assists other Maintenance Department team members on any daily break downs and assigned projects.
* Requisitions supplies, parts, and equipment and sends parts out for repair.
Records appropriate equipment information concerning equipment repairs and performance
The duties and responsibilities described above are the essential functions of the job. The qualifications below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* 2-4 years electrical troubleshooting in a manufacturing/production plant environment
* Experience with PLCs (Programmable Logic Controllers - Allen Bradley, Siemens et al) including the ability to wire and troubleshoot preferred.
* Programming experience a plus
* Electrical experience working with AC/DC; troubleshooting motor circuits (wiring, relays, starters, switches, etc.)
* Strong written & verbal communication skills
* Knowledge of MS Office and Computerized Maintenance Management software a plus.
* Associate's degree or equivalent from two-year College or technical school or 2-4 years of work experience in industrial electrical maintenance and troubleshooting.
* Must be able to work well in a team-based environment with limited supervision, and be available to work any 12 hour shift, weekends and holidays as required.
* Must have a willingness to accept a variety of work assignments and duties. Mechanical aptitude is a plus, as well
* Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 lbs on a routine basis.