The Manager - Financial Analysis (Multifamily)
will join a team of ~15 financial professionals responsible for monthly and quarterly financial reporting, budgeting and reforecasting, portfolio analytics, and market research. The Manager - Financial Analysis
will interact extensively with LivCor
asset management and executive leadership, Blackstone multifamily asset management, Revantage (LivCor's affiliated real estate services company) accounting and treasury, and LivCor's operating partners. The Manager - Financial Analysis
will be responsible for critical financial reports and analysis presented to Blackstone and LivCor's executive leadership team. The position reports to the Senior Vice President of Financial Reporting and FP&A.
As the Manager - Financial Analysis (Multifamily)
, one is held accountable to, however, not limited to, the following job functions:
- Preparation and review of monthly portfolio financial reporting package: Includes extracting and aggregating portfolio data; preparing summary spreadsheets, graphs and tables; evaluating performance metrics; highlighting notable issues and trends; and developing meaningful and insightful commentary.
- Preparation and review of monthly market trends report: Aggregate and review macroeconomic and industry data impacting multifamily sector including employment, wage and job growth; new supply; rent and occupancy trends; and lease trade out data. Prepare summary tables, graphs, and commentary.
- Preparation and review of quarterly board book: work with team on high profile deliverable presented to Blackstone senior real estate leadership team at the quarterly board meeting. Includes high level presentation of multifamily industry trends, capital markets activity, portfolio performance, and major capital projects and other company initiatives.
- Develop proficiency of the methodology and sourcing of data from various research and industry data publications including the RealPage suite of products (YieldStar, Performance Analytics, Investment Analytics, Axiometrics/MPF), Green Street, Real Capital Analytics, Bureau of Labor Statistics, etc.
- Compare LivCor performance to the public multifamily REITs and present results at a company and market level to the executive leadership team. Become an expert in reviewing REIT earnings releases, public filings and supplemental financial reports.
- Perform detailed review of financial variance reports prepared by operating partners and utilize data mining to identify any operational or performance concerns and the underlying drivers. Proactively present findings to asset management and executive leadership teams.
- Participate in the annual budget and reforecast processes: develop budget timeline, policies, and procedures; determine budget drivers and performance goals; utilize budgeting templates (utilizes Oracle PBCS) and tools to develop initial budget; work interactively with operating partners to finalize budget; prepare summary reports and communicate to executive leadership team and Blackstone.
- Vigilantly and proactively participate in a continual process improvement initiatives. Develop processes that save time while maintaining the highest quality standards, design data rich and aesthetically pleasing financial reports, leverage internal and external resources to efficiently achieve goals.
- Support asset management team in preparation for periodic operator performance reviews: generate reporting packages, presentations, agendas and supporting analysis.
- 10+ years of relevant experience in FP&A and/or financial reporting within a commercial real estate firm.
- Bachelor's degree in finance, real estate or accounting.
- Proficiency with Excel and PowerPoint: efficient database sourcing, utilization of standard Excel functions (sumif/s, v/hlookup, index/match, indirect, pivot tables, data tables, filters) to aggregate and summarize data, creation of graphs in proper context of data presented, use of best practices for insuring data integrity, design of executive/board level presentation quality outputs.
- Strong work ethic: strength to thrive in a dynamic and demanding work environment, ability to meet critical deadlines, capable of critical self-reflection and honest assessment of performance, desire to learn and continued self-improvement, motivated by desire to achieve excellence.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, self-confidence to lead a meeting and discuss financial results with executive leadership team or Blackstone asset management team.
- Candidates with experience with industry specific data and software will be given strong preference
- Knowledge of Oracle PBCS or similar budgeting software is a plus
- Strong preference for multifamily experience.