The Community Builders, Inc. (TCB) is a nationally recognized nonprofit developer, owner and manager of affordable and mixed-income residential and commercial properties. Founded in 1964, TCB has developed over 26,000 residential units as well as office and retail properties and owns or manages over 12,000 rental units nationally. TCB strategic plan calls for continued growth in existing markets of Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, New York, New Jersey Pennsylvania, Maryland, Virginia, North Carolina, Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, Kentucky and the District of Columbia and expansion of our real estate development capacity, community life engagement and resident resource building, financial strength, and property management, all guided by our mission ?to build and sustain strong communities where people of all incomes can fulfill their full potential?.
The property management Administrative Assistant will be based in the Boston Corporate office and will have responsibility for providing direct comprehensive support to the Property Management Team in the Boston Office. This position also serves as the 504/Reasonable Accommodations Coordinator for the organization. S/he must be able to interact and communicate effectively using sound judgment and maintain confidential information. S/he must demonstrate independence and initiative as well as an enthusiasm for the Organization?s mission to position property management to best achieve TCB strategic plan, to be the management company of choice and to increase the size of the portfolio. Remembering that the mission, objectives and priorities of The Community Builders are at the forefront of every decision made.
- Preparation of reports, presentations, statistical graphs & charts and other materials for meetings and correspondence
- Handle complex calendar and travel arrangements including team & training meeting logistics for multiple team members
- Maintain Outlook calendar and coordination of all travel arrangements and expense reporting
- Administrative and organizational management of various due dates and reporting deadlines
- Ensure that all tasks are maintained in a tracking system with complete accuracy, providing updated timelines for the PM management plans and advises any delays
- Coordinate establishment of service and ordering of cell & desk phones, internet, computers, printer, copy machine, answering service and office supplies and obtain bids and set up vendors for office alarm
- Responsible to partner with Human Resources to order and confirm that all Fair Housing and employee-related posters are in place/up to date at all property offices
- Collaborate with Director of Training and Resident Experience assuring that all site letterhead, business cards, brochures and all other printed materials is consistent with company design standards and in place
- Responsible for the updating of SOPs and the property management intranet pages
- Provide data and assistance to other property management departments for completion of their specific tasks/deliverables
- Excellent ability to independently create in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint, etc.) presentations, correspondence and reports
- Ability to convey issues and problems clearly both in writing and orally
- Capable of working with minimal supervision and perform effectively under tight time deadlines
- General clerical duties to include, but not limited to: photocopying, faxing, scanning, mailing and filing
- Answering resident, vendors and employee telephone inquiries, directing and screening calls as appropriate, notifying site teams of relevant concerns shared, and tracking all interactions
- Receiving requests to the TCB Reasonable Accommodations Committee, organizing packages of information regarding such requests, notifying residents and site teams of the Committee decisions and tracking all relevant steps in the process.
- Maintenance of files, both hard copies and electronic filing system
- Distribute and manage incoming mail
- Ability to operate office equipment
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent computer skills (experience with MS Office Suite a must, knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and solid PowerPoint skills preferred) and demonstrated ability to quickly learn new software programs
- Ability to undertake, balance, and manage multiple tasks and assignments
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Organizing meetings (contacting attendees, preparing agendas, keeping minutes, distributing notes, etc.)
- Outstanding interpersonal and presentation skills, ability to lead people and get results through others
- Incredible customer service skills & the ability to create a customer focused culture
- Must possess the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management, employees and outside contacts
- Poised, organized and professional in managing multiple requests simultaneously.
- Trustworthy, appreciative of humor, gains satisfaction in assisting others
Education & Experience:
- Three to five years as the primary provider of administrative and project management support
- Property Management or Real Estate experience preferred
- Knowledge of residential Federal subsidy programs and regulations desired
- If no knowledge of affordable housing, willingness to earn certifications regarding rules and regulations regarding accessibility of housing within 3-6 months of hire and willingness to seek customer service training.
The Community Builders, Inc. ("TCB") is a recognized leader in the public/private transformation of distressed properties into vibrant, mixed-income communities. Established in 1964, TCB has over fifty years of experience planning and implementing comprehensive neighborhood revitalization projects in fifteen states. TCB was among the pioneers in nonprofit use of the tax code to raise equity for affordable housing, and at the forefront in crafting citywide partnerships supporting large-scale redevelopment and comprehensive neighborhood revitalization efforts through new uses of public housing funds and of project-based assistance. Over the years, TCB has assembled more than $2.5 billion in project financing to construct and/or preserve 320 residential developments resulting in over 25,000 affordable and mixed-income housing units. Visit for more information.