We are a property management company that has been providing unsurpassed property management services to a large and diversified portfolio of properties in California, Texas, and Louisiana for over 30 years.
Our company believes strongly in employee recognition and gratitude, as well as providing renters with the best possible choice in housing.
We provide outstanding benefits, competitive pay, and amazing perks!
Join our RCMI family today!
*Email or call us for employment opportunities*
Job Title: Leasing Consultant
Reports To: Property Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
RCMI Property: Village at the Timbers Apartments
GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB:
The leasing consultant is charged with assisting the property manager and assistant manager with the day-to-day operations to ensure financial performance of the building and / or apartment community. These responsibilities include following all policies and procedures as outlined in the SOGB, good staff relations, and positive resident relations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Duties include answering phone calls, answering e-mails, assisting existing residents, and greeting the prospective residents.
• Responsible for excellent customer service
• Responsible for relations including checking phone messages and e-mail messages daily and responding accordingly.
• Planning and execution of social functions for residents and ensuring that resident requests are responded to and followed up with.
• Monthly newsletters, flyers, texting, e-mail blasting, and social media.
• Responsible for office organization and office administration including filing invoices, maintaining work order system, and keeping all lease documents organized and accurate.
• Duties will include refreshments, signs/balloons, opening/closing show units, and walking common areas and the tour path. A daily checklist is utilized at each property.
• Responsible for showing apartments and floorplans and must develop knowledge of the product, market, and property in order to successfully lease the property.
• Responsible for mastering phone techniques, closing techniques, and follow up procedures. This also includes processing rental applications and accurate verification as specified in rental criteria
• Responsible for marketing the property under the guidance of the property manager. This includes promotions, outreach marketing, and finding ways to promote the property to generate traffic.
• Responsible for assisting with lease renewal correspondence throughout the month and ensuring all renewal documents are signed and completed in the management software.
• Responsible for move in files and proper procedure in the move in process. The files should be organized and include all proper lease documentation, property addendums, and all signatures must be obtained.
• Community Policies must also be explained to residents upon move in. The file will be placed in order of the file checklist, lease signed by the manager, and it will be completed in the management software.
• This includes a move out inspection, accepting keys, assessing charges, taking pictures, and accurate notes for each move-out
• Typing work orders, printing, completing, and proper follow up with residents after completion of work order. The leasing consultant is responsible for correspondence with residents regarding work orders or delays
• Responsible for completing an accurate market survey to include all pertinent information regarding current competition. Accurate pricing, concessions, occupancy, and amenities must be correct and will be completed in the management software.
• Responsible for the weekly status report due each Monday with accurate reporting of the leasing activity for the week and the current statistics.
• Maintain a professional appearance at all times
• Additional projects as assigned by the property manager or regional supervisor.
EDUCATION and / or EXPERIENCE:
• High school diploma or GED equivalent
• Preferred Customer Service experience
COMPUTER & EQUIPMENT SKILLS:
• Microsoft Office