Pangea Properties is a vertically integrated, privately held real estate investment trust (REIT) headquartered in Chicago, IL. Founded in 2009, our mission is to bring high quality, professional property management to the fragmented and unsophisticated workforce housing category. We believe that by leveraging our operational platform, Pangea can provide institutional capital with access to a vast and untouched, high yield asset class. We lead with operations and are accomplishing our mission by incorporating data, technology and excellent customer service to all units under management. We strive to deliver service, value and care, to all our residents.
In just over 9 years, we have grown our private equity capital portfolio to over 14,000 apartment units owned and operated in Chicago, Indianapolis and Baltimore. More recently we have grown a direct mortgage origination unit, Pangea Mortgage Capital, to a portfolio of over $100mm of loans outstanding in addition to building third party management, construction and affordable development businesses. To accomplish all of this, Pangea has grown to approximately 475 employees, the majority of whom were sourced internally and promoted from within.
Watch this video to learn more about Pangea! ( ).
We also pride ourselves in our culture of giving back to the community - even our vendors have taken notice!! Yardi decided to feature Pangea at a recent national summit. Check out this video for a quick recap of the amazing work Pangea Cares did in 2018! ( )Job Description
Pangea Properties is searching for a talented, energetic and hard-working candidate to act as a Senior Asset Manager in our multifamily asset management function, a critical, data-driven team tasked with analyzing the financial and operational performance of our real estate portfolio. The ideal candidate will bring several years of experience in a multifamily asset management role. This role will have responsibility for the financial performance of a large portfolio of scattered site and garden style community assets, the largest of which is approximately 10,000 units located in Chicago. The successful candidate will have the ability to analyze and draw conclusions from complex data sets, providing recommendations and developing solutions with our operations and field leaders, who will implement changes to drive results. This role will be highly cross-functional and will require a natural leader inclined to ask questions, challenge the status quo and delve deeply into operational processes to solve problems and implement solutions. Highly effective and confident interpersonal and communication skills with a diverse audience, including senior executives, will be a critical success factor in this role. Pangea is a young, vibrant and growing company that values culture and communication as critical success factors that have facilitated the Company's meteoric growth, and earned it the honor of the Inc. 5000 Hall of Fame for 5 consecutive years through 2017. Roles and Responsibilities
- Performs complex financial analysis of large datasets and develops financial reports for planning, forecasting, trending and variance analyses of asset performance
- Establishes annual property-level and portfolio-level performance budgets, goals and Key Performance Indicators; identifies and evaluates variances; takes responsibility for corrective action / plan relative to significant variances
- Monitors financial performance of assets / portfolios; identifies successful operating strategies as well as problem areas and collaboratively develops solutions and tracks implementation / results
- Works closely with corporate operations, property management, leasing and accounting teams to assess and optimize operational processes, deeply analyzing business intelligence data and recommending solutions
- Reviews and monitors legal documents such as tenant leases and related provisions, vendor contracts, supplier relationships, etc.
- Assists in answering investor and advisor questions, participates in preparing investor letters and notes for investor calls
- Responsible for monthly, quarterly, annual and ad hoc reporting relative to portfolio and individual asset performance
- Bachelor's degree from top 50 undergraduate university in Finance/Economics, Real Estate, Accounting or related major, minimum 3.5 GPA
- 3-10 years of multifamily real estate asset management experience required
- Must be able to communicate effectively and with confidence to executive and operations staff, both corporate and field level
- Track record of driving new projects, balancing business needs vs. technical and time constraints, as well as coordinating across cross-functional teams
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills required
- Data analysis experience, including large datasets, SQL / business intelligence, is strongly preferred
- Experience working in fast-paced and/or start-up environments
- Competitive base salary plus bonus, commensurate with experience and qualifications
- Company equity award available for exceptional candidates
- Full benefit package, including medical, dental, & vision; disability and life coverage; 401(k) with generous company match
- Casual work environment and dress code
- 10 paid vacation days, plus 5 days of paid sick time annually
- Startup culture with access to work directly with senior management
- Casual dress code
- Great company events
- Stocked pantry of healthy snacks and caf?? space