Work for an award winning company where you will have the training you need to add to your skill set, the schedule you want to maintain a great work-life balance, and the pay and benefits you deserve. Learn new skills and make a positive impact on people's lives every day.
Chestnut Hill Realty is looking for an Apartment Maintenance Technician to join our Hancock Village team in Brookline. Picture yourself working in an up-to-date, renovated apartment community where you will have the chance to interact with residents on a regular basis. Use your skills to help them with their maintenance needs and play a crucial role in making their apartment feel like home. Your work directly impacts the quality of their experience in the community. Take pride in making their lives as comfortable, stress-free, and happy as possible.
As a Maintenance Technician, you will:
- Effectively handle resident service requests and work orders, correcting the situation within 24 hours when possible
- Assess and repair issues including electrical, plumbing, A/C, HVAC, appliances, and interiors
- Ensure all make-ready repairs and services are completed correctly and on schedule
- Maintain accurate records regarding preventative maintenance, service requests, apartment make-ready status, work-in-progress, etc.
- Respond to on-call emergencies
- Stay current on all applicable building codes and safety standards
Are you the right person for the job?
- The ideal Maintenance Technician will have 2+ years of maintenance experience. Don't have apartment maintenance experience? Don't worry! All you need to have is a team player attitude and the desire to learn.
- Knowledge of carpentry, electrical, plumbing
- Team Player attitude and take direction from Service Manager
- In property management, evenings and weekends are par for the course. The ideal candidate needs schedule flexibility to be on call.
- Must efficiently handle a changing environment and be capable of dealing with multiple people and various situations.
- Must be able and willing to move heavy equipment and machinery.
Some of the benefits to you:
- Competitive compensation PLUS opportunities to earn overtime
- Excellent benefits package including: medical, dental, vision, 401(k), 2 weeks of vacation, your birthday off, PTO for volunteer hours
- Monday-Friday schedule
- We have a maintenance training center to help you add to your skill set by learning everything from basic electric to essential plumbing skills and more.
- Great work-life balance
- Won't be on-call 24/7, their on-call schedule rotates
- Company vehicle may be provided depending on location
- Advancement potential -- 63% of Service Managers and 100% of Assistant Service Managers are promoted from within
- Positive work environment
- We even have a Maintenance Appreciation Day every year to recognize your efforts and a way to say "thank you".
If you have a mechanical aptitude and a valid Driver's license, we want to hear from you.
If you are a people person who loves working with your hands, this is the perfect job for you!
All job offers contingent upon satisfactory background check