Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops, gains consensus for, and implements the Management Plan for assigned assets.
- Assist in completing the Management Audit.
- Assist Client Accounting Services (CAS) in the development of written policies and procedures for tenant rent collections and extension of credit terms to tenants within client parameters.?
- Reviews account aging reports to ascertain status of collections and balances outstanding and to evaluate effectiveness of current collection policies and procedures.?
- Inspects facilities and equipment to determine extent of service and equipment required.?
- Recommends, justifies, develops and coordinates projects that enhance the value of the industrial/office buildings.?
- Works with Chief Engineer (as applicable) to assign employees to duties such as maintenance, repair, or renovation and obtains bids for additional work from outside contractors, pursuant to client and Jones Lang LaSalle guidelines.?
- Manages major construction projects such as lobby renovations, garage membrane resurfacing, elevator upgrades, fa?ade repairs, etc.
- Prioritize day-to-day operations and provide direction to engineering staff.
- Supports Leasing Specialist in the preparation of lease and/or rental agreements and maintains ownership of the lease administration process.
- Participate in review of lease proposals and lease language, lease discussions, and negotiations.?
- Employs or contracts for onsite management and engineering personnel, as delineated within the operating budget, management plan and/or management services agreement.? Submits hiring recommendations to Group Manager for approval.?
- Assembles and analyzes contract bids, and submits bids, recommendations and standard form contract agreement to Vice President for execution.
- Oversee Real Estate Tax protest process.
- Prepare and/or review the annual jurisdictional forms and filings as required.? (i.e. Income & Expense, Real Estate Tax payments, Property Tax fillings, etc.
- Prepares the final budget documentation (i.e., explanatory notes.)?
- Plans and administers budget for the industrial/office building(s).? Oversees achieving annual budgeted revenue, operating and capital expenses.? Ensures timely and accurate reporting (monthly and quarterly).
- Prepares and/or reviews adjustments to tenant billing process.?
- Reviews and approves all accounts payable, ensuring accurate general ledge coding and property allocations.?
- Prepares and/or reviews financial statements and reports on status of industrial/office buildings such as occupancy rates and dates of expiration of leases.?
- Prepares and/or reviews periodic inventory of building contents and property condition, and forwards listing to client for review.
- Develop and implement a tenant retention program.?
- Establishes written goals and objectives for employees directly reporting to the role of general manager.? Conducts periodic formal and informal performance evaluations.? Develops training program and career path for property employees.? Assures succession planning.
Highly Desirable Attributes
- 3+ years of commercial real estate or property management experience including budget preparation/financial reporting, familiarity with building systems, lease negotiation, documentation and administration.
- 2+ years of experience at managing a staff of two (2) or more.?
- Associates or Bachelor degree. An advanced degree is strongly preferred.
- MN Salesperson real estate license.
JLL Privacy Notice
- Read, analyze, and interpret legal documents (lease documents, claims of lien, etc.), general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or government regulations.?
- Produce well-written reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.?
- Effectively present information and respond to questions from senior level management, clients, customers, peers and the general public.
- Ability to analyze, interpret and explain financial statements and calculate dollar and percentage variances.?
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Strategic thinker with strong implementation orientation.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office/Suite, and any other software program or piece of technology identified as standard for JLL or requested by the Client.?
- Strong working knowledge in various budget applications.
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL?s recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our Candidate Privacy Statement .
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy here .
Jones Lang LaSalle (?JLL?) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities.? If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process ? including the online application and/or overall selection process ?? you may email us at [Click Here to Email Your Resum?] . This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our Contact Us page > I want to work for JLL.