Assistant Property Manager
Full-time 40 hours a week
Seward Tower West, Minneapolis, MN
CommonBond is excited to announce an opening for a full-time 40 hours a week Assistant Property Manager at Seward Tower West, one our properties in Minneapolis (320 units). If you're excited about helping people have a stable place to live, consider applying for this position!
The Assistant Property Manager assists the property manager with the daily operations of the community by coordinating the marketing, rental, and occupancy along with a strong focus on customer service and community relations.
• Greets all visitors, Answers incoming calls, makes appointments, shows apartments, takes and verifies applications to completion.
• Prepares and maintains resident files and relevant paperwork.
• Sets up appointments for lease signings and follows through with all appropriate paperwork.
• Prepares all move-out material for property manager.
• Prepares copies of all materials to be sent for government compliance. Maintains compliance reporting information monthly.
• Enters marketing information, enters vacate notices, prints reports
• Assists with subsidy administration in accordance with HUD rules and regulations.
• Collects rent payments and makes bank deposits on a daily basis.
• Assists property manager in making purchases in accordance with budget specifications and guidelines.
• Tracks budget variances and brings those variances to the attention of the property manager.
• Sends notices and makes phone calls for any late rent.
• Shops comparable projects in the market place monthly.
• Aids in keeping management office and lobby area neat and clean at all times.
• Keeps resident listings up-to-date.
• Handles resident complaints in a timely and professionally.
• Coordinates resident functions.
• Acts as property manager in property manager's absence.
• Assists with move-in / move-out procedures, including unit inspections, security deposit processing and unit preparations.
• Works closely with resident services staff to meet resident service needs individually and as a group.
• Updates turnover information on a daily basis.
• Works on the first and last day of each month.
• Knowledge of government housing subsidy programs.
• One year leasing or property management experience preferred.
• Office hours may vary due to the specific needs of the property as determined by the property manager or regional manager.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
• Exceptional sales skills.
• Basic word processing and spreadsheet knowledge. (Microsoft, Excel)
• Demonstrates a clear understanding and consistent use of YARDI software.
• Typing skills.
• Detail oriented and accuracy with numbers.
• Proficient office skills including organizational abilities.
• Exemplary time management skills.
• Knowledge of fair housing and applicable compliance regulations.
• Willingness to learn.
• Willingness to assist above and beyond as part of "the team."
• Ability to multi-task and work effectively managing multiple projects or tasks.
• Post secondary coursework in property management, business, real estate or equivalent experience preferred.
• Post high school education preferred.
• Ability to lift up to 10 lbs.
• Reaching above and below the shoulders.
• Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time.
• Ability to file for extended periods of time.
• Ability to open and close file drawers.
• Ability to withstand external weather conditions.
• Smoke free environment.
• Moderate noise level.