Throckmorton Partners, a real estate investment firm headquartered in Mill Valley, CA is seeking an experienced and motivated senior multifamily analyst to join its growing investment team. The individual will work closely with the company founders and the acquisition team to underwrite new multifamily investments and perform due diligence throughout the western United States with plans for approximately $150 Million in 2020 acquisitions. The ideal candidate must be a master of excel, blazing fast at underwriting, detail-natured and very organized while possessing strong analytical and communication skills. Must be able to report and present findings to senior management and thrive in a results-oriented, fast paced, high-volume environment.
· 3-5 years of experience working for a real estate owner/developer, private equity firm, investment bank, or institutional brokerage shop with an emphasis on multifamily investments.
· Bachelor's degree from a top-tier University. Master's degree and/or CFA designation a plus.
· Must possess strong analytical and financial modeling skills. Including expert knowledge of Excel, real estate valuation metrics, and the ability to adopt to, create, and maintain financial models, systems, and processes.
· Must have experience with entire deal closing processes, including initial underwriting, extensive market research, presenting to investment committee, and jointly working with the legal, lending and transaction teams throughout the due diligence and closing process.
· Excellent and professional communication skills used with both internal and external deal teams.
· Extensive financial modeling within Excel, including discounted cash flows, sensitivity analyses, financing scenarios, and partnership waterfalls. Ensure accuracy of all models adopted and utilized.
· Provide analytical support for potential acquisitions, including market research, rent and sales comparables, and demographic analysis.
· Keep current on market trends, sales comps, political changes and local news where the firm has existing investments and in markets where the firm is targeting acquisitions.
· Write complete investment memorandums to be shared with internal and external deal teams.
· Present underwriting, market research, and investment narratives to the investment team.
· Coordinate acquisition due diligence and 3rd party reports.
· 50-60+ hour work weeks. Some weekends may be required.
· Some travel may be required