Beard Land Improvement Company, based in Modesto, CA, is seeking a Property Manager. This position will be responsible for the overall operational and financial success of assigned properties.
· Maintain properties in a professional and marketable condition.
· Ensure all onsite operations are in compliance with company policy and governmental agencies through routine site inspections.
· Ensure all vacant space and building common areas meet company standards.
· Evaluate vendors and solicit bids (including proper documentation, obtaining Certificates of Insurance, and monthly billing)
· Manage the relationship with third-party general contractors regarding repairs and tenant improvements.
· Oversee the process and timely completion of tenant improvement projects including close-out, plan review, approvals, and management of associated paperwork (bids, permits, lien waivers, correspondence, budgets, etc.).
· Responsible for annual roof and property inspections to ensure highest quality is maintained consistent with established specifications.
· Monitor vendor and tenant insurance certificates.
· Process vendor invoices according to company policies and procedures.
· Investigate all complaints, disturbances and violations and resolve the issues.
· Be available for after hour emergency calls.
· Building construction experience is a plus.
Tenant Relations & Lease Administration
· Develop and maintain regular and professional interaction with tenants, staff, management, vendors and ownership. Ensure tenant satisfaction.
· Monitor and enforce lease terms of agreements; billings and collections of rent and other charges per lease.
· Maintain current property records in accordance with legal requirements and company policy, including HVAC and fire system inspections.
· Be proactive and responsive to tenant concerns and maintenance requests. Contact vendors and coordinate the completion of work when maintenance requests are received.
· Coordinate tenant move-in / move-out process, including space inspections. Process security deposit refunds or complete any required repairs.
· Prepare lease files and other electronic and hard-copy files.
· Ensure that all administrative reporting, including governmental agency reporting, is completed accurately and timely.
· Negotiate lease rates.
· Meet with prospective tenants and show available properties.
· Organize occasional tenant events
Financial Reporting (in conjunction with Accounting Department)
· Assist in the creation and implementation of individual property and portfolio-wide budget, monitor and explain monthly budget variances. Participate and make recommendations in capital planning for the property(s).
· Prepare lease abstracts for new leases and renewals.
· Establish and administer operating expense estimates, preparing annual CAM reconciliation packages, including invoices and backup to the tenants. Answer tenant questions regarding billings.
· Review and approval of accruals, recurring charges and AP/AR.
Key Skills & Competencies:
Company offers a competitive wage, including comprehensive benefits and 401(k) with company match and bonus.