Senior Property Manager - Canvas Property Group
Canvas Property Group, an entrepreneurial property management firm, is looking for a senior property manager with 7-10 years of experience.
This position will with the SVP of Operations in directing building staff and property managers in all aspects of daily building operations. The position will also involve communication with investment partners on annual budgets, monthly reporting, and creation of workflows and processes to assist in the rapid growth of our Midtown South based management firm.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Oversee all aspects of daily operations including, but not limited to capital projects, approval of vendor contracts, clearing of violations, tenant communications and interfacing with local authorities when necessary. Includes routine physical inspections of the properties
- Demonstrate effective management, leadership, and development of property managers and other team members to achieve company and department goals and objectives
- Ensure that all property level data is accurately tracked and recorded, and that all property management workflows and processes are running smoothly
- Coordinate with asset management to prepare annual property business plans and budgets that account for leasing, capital assumptions, reimbursement calculations, and various market factors
- Monitor budget versus actuals and understand any variances thereto, monitor the operations and budgets of the properties ensuring performance against budget and the long-term profitability and viability of the properties
- Coordinate with junior property managers, asset managers and leasing team in preparing, finalizing and implementing the property budgets
- Compile and oversee the preparation of monthly reporting packages in coordination with the accounting team
- Review annual expense reconciliations and true-up process
- Monitor and pursue tenant arrears; develop a response and recommendation to tenant collection matters and defaults
- Interface with loan services and ensure loan compliance.
- Review and manage real estate tax assessments and appeal processes
- Seek out opportunities to increase NOI by reducing operating expenses and increasing revenues
- 7+ years of experience in multifamily real estate with a career focus on asset management.
- Strategic thinker, capable of developing an overall business plan and overseeing the execution of plan
- Working knowledge of leases, loan documents and other agreements for general responsibilities
- Professional reputation; strong industry credibility. Proven effective management experience.
- Strong financial acumen; experience developing plans and budgets
- Excellent self-starter with strong and independent work ethic; project oriented, results-driven, problem solver.
- Well-organized; excellent attention to details.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Office, Yardi Voyager, Quickbooks
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Bachelor's degree required
- Experience with tenant improvement construction and base building capital projects including direct interaction with engineers, architects and contractors